Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1: Hot Cocoa and Christmas Mugs!


Hot Cocoa and Christmas Mugs
There's almost two daily photos put into one today! During the cold winter months, there's nothing like a hot drink to soothe your body! A hot chocolate drink that is!  "A substance in chocolate called theobromine triggers the release of endorphins, which are chemicals, produced by the brain, that act like a natural antidepressant and can temporarily relieve the blues." Since I'm not a coffee drinker, hot chocolate is my go-to drink when I'm needing a pick-me-up from being outdoors. There's just something comforting about it! Plus, you can't miss the mini marshmallows on top. I don't know about you, but just the mention of the drink makes me smile inside!  For me, it encompasses all the pleasures and feelings of winter! And it makes me thankful to be indoors!

Every year when my family and I pull out the Christmas decorations, I always look forward to re-stocking our cupboards with all our Christmas mugs. The mug in this picture, happens to be my favorite one of all! It was given to me this past Christmas- and I plan to never put it away with all the Christmas decorations! Penguins, as most of you probably know- are one of my favorite animals. They're cute, innocent and just make you feel cuddly! Drinking from Christmas mugs actually put the Christmas spirit in me all over again every time.  

Whoever said that stuff wasn't important?! Little things like hot chocolate and Christmas mugs can be sweet daily reminders of our past memories and feelings!

So, next time you think a nasty thought about winter, remember that we can always be thankful for the small comforting things that temporarily take our minds off the cold!
Check in tomorrow to see Day 2 of the 20 Winter Photos!

No comments: