Sunday, March 25, 2007

.:.Some of my favorites.:.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances , for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.



Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Matt. 7:7-11
7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Matt. 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, "and he was called God's friend.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Psalms 46:10
Be still and know that I am God.

1 Corinthians 13
The Way of Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.


4Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.



8Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.



13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in they sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

John 8:7
...let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone...

II Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father but by me."

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Romans 8:38
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present. nor things to come, nor anything else, in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

John 11: 25-26
Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die."

1 comment:

Rae said...

wow..those r all awesome verses! ohhhh i love the bible :)