Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Brought Me for a Reason

O God,
Why am i crying?
Am i so selfish
Am i full of myself?
But you know thats not what I am
O God,
Why am i crying?
Where do thses tears come from?
I don't want them
To see me like this
Isn't crying a sign of weakness?
O God,
Why am i crying?
Is it him? the evil one?
Or is it me, selfish me.
O God,
Why am i crying?
I feel something breaking and healing
Inside of me.
God, I need your help,
Please keep me strong
I need others to see You in me
O God
I want to be a witness for You
Some days I just wish it was you and me.
But God, there are so many hearts
That need to be mended.
Help me help them
I don't know what my heart
Is feeling right now
My emotion has gone dull.
And you're all i see.
I want you to come and come fast
But Lord, I want my friends to meet you
I want to help your love spread to all.
So fill me, Lord, till i overflow
Let me shine the name of Jesus
In everything i do
O God,
You know why i am crying
God its You
You're humbling me, breaking me,
So i may be who you will.
These tears are not of sadness
For in only You i have joy.
God, now i know.
These tears are of love
Its pouring all out of me
Lord, let my friends have a drink
They're all so thirsty
And do not know which water is safe
Cause them to see, Lord
Cause them to breathe.
O God
Bless me and my surroundings
Bless me according to the will
And grace of the father.
Let those of whom i touch
Be changed, bring your Spirit upon them.
Help me walk in Your way faithfully.
Help me use the gifts you've given
For the glory of Christ.
I am grateful my fear is gone
Thank you, Lord
You're all I need
And now i see
You brought me for a reason.

No comments: