Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27th, already?

The end of September! Seems like just yesterday I was asking myself when I'd see the end of it! I'm so happy though. Last week I had the opportunity to photograph some gorgeous Equus caballus. That would be the scientific name for horses. 
I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't mind owning one. Not one bit. Not sure if my buddies down at the town office would be too keen on it however. But in all honesty, they're absolutely stunning creatures, with no lack of personality.

Thank you to both the Cadieux Family and the Quist Family for letting me borrow your horses for just a little while. I absolutely loved spending time with them. It would have been the greatest time to have a second shooter with me. I think the horses were just as into my pictures as I was. There were even times where I had a few at one time trying to take a sneak peek!
I had the intention of taking pictures for a requested horse calendar but it became so much more than that, for me anyway. I now have a huge appreciation and respect for the owners. I still have no idea how much work it takes to care for a horse... let alone a dozen!

So, thank you! And I hope you enjoy my calendar!





It's a busy weekend ahead for me! On Saturday I have the privilege of accompanying Janice Huser from Janice Huser: Precious Pictures Photography to a wedding in Mallaig. I'm so excited! This will be my second time being a second shooter at a wedding and I can't wait to learn so much more!
Sunday & Monday are busy with family portrait sessions as well! And more to come in the weeks ahead!

Take care!

Sincerely,
Courtney

No comments: